Sunday, July 31, 2011

HOW TO SAY 'SORRY' TO YOUR LOVER!

Our friend and group mate in “OUR VOICES by BOYET ANTONIO,” ROSIE ROSE VILLA of Tanauan, Batangas, posted some very nice suggestions in saying ‘sorry.’

Along with some of my own ideas, here it is:

Say ‘sorry’ ONLY if it’s your fault. If it’s not your fault and you’ll still be the one to apologize, your partner will respect you MUCH LESS THAN BEFORE.

Otherwise, don’t make a big fuss about saying ‘sorry.’ As I’ve written in an earlier blog, sorry is one word that can either make or break a  relationship.

‘Sorry’ can be both spoken and unspoken.

If you want to say it, do it PERSONALLY. Not over the mobile phone or landline or through your mutual best friend.

Say it loud and clear. Not shout, ha! Say it clearly but softly as you look straight in your partner’s eyes while holding his or her hands.

If your partner doesn’t immediately respond, give a really tight hug while repeatedly saying ‘sorry.’ Then, without letting go, top it all with the sweetest and most tender French kiss you can give.

Believe me, boys and girls, this NEVER FAILS. PROMISE.

If you want it unspoken, say it with flowers or things that your partner loves.  If it’s with flowers, DELIVER IT PERSONALLY, and unexpectedly, at work. Or be sure to be home ahead of your partner and welcome him/her with a big bunch of it.

If your partner loves dancing, take or ask him or her out to the best dance club that you can think of. Or go out for a game or two of your partner’s favorite sport.

You can also cook, or buy if you don’t know how to cook, your partner’s favorite dish and prepare lunch or dinner, if you’re living together. If not, invite your partner unexpectedly to your place.

Try to be a little creative if you’re living together.

You can post ‘I’m sorry” signs on the bedroom door and closet before your partner gets home. I know of one case wherein the partners quarreled until late at night, so the guy posted ‘I’m sorry’ on, of all places, the bathroom door.

Just don’t talk about the quarrel again. Go on as if nothing happened.

There’s no point in looking back on something that is just not worth it, else, you will be back to square one.

Last, but perhaps the most important, always value and respect your partner’s feelings. Never do things to hurt him/her deliberately. 30

1 comment:

  1. It just occur to me that I have not done the right thing since when my husband came back to me, I am on this blog to give thanks to whom it deserve, Some couples of weeks ago my life was in a terrible shape because my husband left me and I never believe that I was going to get him back, But through the help of this powerful spell caster called Dr.Ekpen my life is now in a joyful mood, I must recommend the services of Dr.Ekpen to anyone out there that they should contact Dr.Ekpen through these details below: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) or whatsapp +2347050270218 because through Dr.Ekpen assistance my marriage was restored.

    ReplyDelete