Thursday, September 1, 2011

NON-VERBAL WAYS TO SAY 'I LOVE YOU!'


In reaction to our blog on being ‘torpe,’ at least 10 personal and Facebook friends of mine asked me for suggestions on non-verbal ways to say ‘I love you.’

Here are a few you boys might want to consider:

Say it in a song. You can sing it yourself, since it gives you a few lines to relax and gather your breath before you say ‘I love you” than saying it directly without any introduction.

Or you can gift her with a CD of the song with a dedication that it expresses what you feel for her. One suggestion -- the late Jim Croce’s “Do I Have To Say I Love You In A Song.” 

For the conservatives but incurable romantics, try the harana or serenading her.

You can tell her you’re sending her a cake with a message that it’s your true feelings for her. Be sure that the ‘I Love You’ and whatever else you want to add to it is legible enough.

If a cake is too much for your budget, anything with a clear surface would be a good substitute like a pie.

Here’s a more romantic gimmick: Buy three dozens of roses. Divide them into three bunches, one dozen per bunch. Put ‘I’ in one bunch, “Love” in the next and “You’ in the third and send it to her.

If you can’t afford three dozen roses, any item you think she’d appreciate would do like three throw pillows.

For those with money to burn, invite her to dinner by candlelight and ask the restaurant to have a welcome card that says ‘I Love You’ or “For the woman I love’ ready on the table before the two of you arrive.

A simpler, and cheaper trick, is gift her with a personalized shirt with the message ‘I Love You,’ followed by her name, printed in front.

And of course, the old reliable love letter is always a lifetime alternative.

But if this will be your choice, see to it that you’ll explain why you can’t seem to muster enough courage to say “I Love You’ verbally.

For her to understand why you’re being ‘torpe,’ and not simply look down on you as one.

Whatever you boys decide on, see to it that you’ll follow it up. Otherwise, it will still get you nowhere. 30











No comments:

Post a Comment